The new rules for Co-Operative Gardens under SB5052 have been published and the WSLCB wants you to:
– register all members in the privacy leaking database/tracking software
– register the co-op, so police can come and hassle you and invade your privacy
– report monthly data about how many plants you are growing, what you’re doing with them and if any have been destroyed, etc.
– erect an 8 foot fence if it is outdoors (what if it is already protected and doesn’t need a fence?)
– AND, YOU CAN ONLY BUY STRAINS FROM LICENSED WSLCB PRODUCERS! What about the specialized medical strains that Washington growers and patients have been developing for specific medical purposes since the 1990s that aren’t being grown by the licensed producers since they are not profitable? What are patients supposed to do if they want to stay legal under the new rules? We can’t! We are being FORCED into the black market if we want to continue to use specific medical strains that are not available from the for-profit producers!
These are some of the reasons that patients and medical growers will not conform to the new rules and will turn back to the black market. The WSLCB sent out a notice THIS MORNING that the new medical seed-to-sale software programs are attempting to obtain private information, yet they still expect people to register? On top of that, medical marijuana has been legal under RCW69.51a since the 1990s, and i502 expressly legalized cannabis – why do we need our private homes to be intruded upon by the police?
Washington wants medical for small businesses and growers, Washington wants legalized home grow, and these new rules are NOT RIGHT. State lawmakers, especially Ann Rivers, you should be ashamed of yourselves!
Click here to view the image of the rules in closer detail, our site design makes it hard to read.